Did I kill my dog with grapes?

My dog Teddy died last year from kidney failure.  After she died, I found out that grapes can cause kidney disease in dogs.  Grapes were her favorite treat.  She used to balance them on the tip of her nose until I said ok and then she’d roll it off an into her mouth.  I’ll never know whether all the grapes I gave her contributed to her kidney disease or not, but I know I’ll always wonder.

Don’t feed your dog raisins or grapes.  According to my vet, different amounts are toxic to different dogs, but you won’t know until it’s too late if your dog is one of the ones that reacts really badly to grapes!

I do wish I’d gotten a picture of her balancing a grape on her nose!

by Nikita Kashner.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *